Thursday, 8 June 2017

JAINA AND KARTIKS WEDDING

Last summer, Jaina, one of my best friends of 16 years got married to her university sweetheart Kartik. They had a civil registry wedding where she wore a white dress and then they also had a hindu wedding ceremony. The hindu wedding ceremony was actually the final celebration and before that was the 'Mendhi' and the 'Haldi'.

I was asked to help design and create some tags for the favours that would be given to each guest after the civil registry wedding. Here's my design.

wedding
I sent my design of to a bespoke stamp making company and they sent me back a cute little stamp in the size I had asked for so that I could start personalising the favour tags. These tags were later tied onto small posts of jam and looked really sweet all together.

wedding

I was one of six bridesmaids for the wedding. Here are some photo's from the day...

wedding

wedding

wedding

wedding

wedding

I didn't know it at the time but Stephan had already bought my ring and was planning our proposal!

wedding

wedding

wedding

wedding

Here is Jaina getting her henna done on her hands and feet.

wedding

wedding

We all got henna done too!

wedding

Here we all are after the Haldi ceremony.

wedding

wedding

wedding

wedding

And finally the hindu wedding ceremony...

wedding

wedding

I don't have as many photos as I'd like as I was too busy bridesmaiding but it was definitely a very colourful few days of celebration!

Even though Jaina's last name has now changed to her husband's (and rightly so)  I'm still going to be calling her Jaina P (P for Patel) because I've called her that for years and years and I don't like the sound of anything else quite as much :P

It was so nice to see an old friend get married and I can't wait for my turn next year!

Sandra x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig