Thursday, 23 March 2017

ANNIVERSARY GIFT - THE 403 NOTE BOX


For our five year anniversary I really struggled to come up with a good idea for what to get Stephan. I knew I wanted to make something but I just couldn't think of a good enough idea that was different enough to things I had already done in the past. Our anniversary fell on a Tuesday this year and I finally decided on what to do on the Sunday evening before! Luckily we weren't exchanging our gifts until the weekend but boy did I set myself a challenge this time!

I saw on pinterest (thank goodness for pinterest) a note jar and I decided to take that concept and put my own spin on it :) So I made Stephan 'The 403 Note Box' as his anniversary gift (I couldn't find a big enough jar). Why 403? Well, that's the number of days from our 5 year anniversary until the day of our wedding!

I wrote a note for each day until then, coded it with a coloured heart to show what category it fell into (memory, song lyrics, things we should do, quotes etc...) , folded all the notes and stuck them onto some bakers twine. I covered a cardboard box in marble contact paper and stuck a card with my happy anniversary message on the top.

This was a real test of patience and I stayed up late all week just to get it done. He loved it when I gave it to him on the weekend of our anniversary and he also couldn't believe I had managed to come up with 403 things to write to him haha. It's a nice feeling to know that even on the days I am not with him he can read a note I've written for him in the morning.  This was a real labour of love but I live for these kind of projects. Call me crazy but I enjoy these mad challenges I set for myself :)

Here are some photos. I hope I have inspired some of you to do something similar for your special person :) (but allow yourself more time please).

Sandra x

anniversary gift

anniversary gift

anniversary gift

anniversary gift

anniversary gift

anniversary gift

anniversary gift

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig